Wednesday, March 11, 2015

how to have a continuous supply of lettuce

     The first time I brought the hybrid Lettuce from the Gourmet Farm in Cavite, I now have a continuous supply of lettuce and I don't even need to buy the seeds.

     The picture above is when the weather starting to change the lettuce will automatically started to bloom some flower and stop producing the lettuce green. Don't cut the flower you have to wait for the flower to change from yellow to white feathery like bloom this is where the seeds are hidden.  You can start picking some of the seeds by squeezing it from the stem of the flower to the white parts. Mostly you can get about 3-5 seeds per flower.  

     Above is what the seeds (black color) look like after squeezing it from the white feathery flower. You can either plant them or store them aside for future planting

     Above is the seedling after planting it. Wait for it to grow more leaves before transplanting it to an individual container. (below)


     Picture below is after I transplant them to their individual container.  Now I can just cut the lettuce I needed for my sandwiches.  Again if the weather changes the cycle will repeat itself so its up to you when you want to plant the seeds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment