Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Culinary Center for Art cooking experience

    Got to win a 1 day cooking course from Center for Culinary Art from Bounty Fresh Chicken which has only 3 week left to use. Don't know why they kept it so long and have to gave it away when it's almost about to expire.

    Since 1 day course are available on Saturday and Sunday. I avail for the Sunday Course.  Since no admin personnel are present on Sunday, they advice me to pick up my apron, cap and recipe on weekday. Either to get the May 13 which is a Thai cooking class or the May 20 class which is the American cuisine. May 13 which is a mother day got a treat from Open Rice for a Mother Day Dinner at Nectar and my son want to give me a treat at Pepper Lunch. So choose the American cuisine.

                            The American cuisine was available on May 20,2012.

     The entrance to Center for Culinary Art which on the ground floor there's Craving and TCB. Craving have an unlimited Breakfast buffet at P188.

                                The grand staircase going up to CCA.

                         The Lecture room but we did not use the computer.

    The cooking area. Since there were 8 student each was assign a dish to cook

                       The Apple crumble which they assign to me to cook.

     The Mozarella stick with Marinara sauce. I was assign to cook the marinara sauce. The marinara sauce is also use in spaghetti sauce but you have to put it on a food processor to blend to become a thick sauce. I was assign also to cook the sauce.

      The Buffalo wings with Blue Cheese.  The recipe for Blue cheese was much better nothing overpowering and this is the first time that I like a blue cheese sauce.

  The Lone Star Fried Chicken steak w/ pan gravy and the Buttermilk Biscuit. Actually no chicken was use but instead the main ingreadients is beef. But the flavor is that of Fried Chicken due to the breading.

                                                     The Crab cakes

     Every dish in the recipe was not being cook by every students therefore some might not be able to learn the basic of cooking like frying and baking. My partner in the apple crumble never did any frying. So when we are advice to help the other group to fry the crab cakes. His crab cake stick to the pan.  Some even were talking about the difficulty in handling the oven.

      The group that I join in the 1 day course told me that everyday they have different cuisine each day; therefore there's no specialty. Almost every continent in every country are being cook. If the GC was given early maybe I have a better option to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment